Contact Us

Adult Services


Service: ARChoices in Homecare | More Information
About: A Medicaid home and community-based program that provides attendant care, Home-Delivered Meals, Personal Emergency Response System, Adult Day Services, Adult Day Health Services, Facility-Based Respite Care, In-Home Respite Care, and Environmental Accessibility Adaptions/Adaptive Equipment to individuals age 21 through 64 with a physical disability or individuals who are 65 and older. These individuals must meet the criteria for intermediate nursing home care.
Contact: 866-801-3435
Website: ARChoices in Homecare
Service: IndependentChoices Program | More Information
About: Program supports at-home care by providing a monthly allowance in place of "Personal Care Services."
Contact: 866-710-0456
Service: Living Choices Assisted Living | More Information
About: Services to provide housing, supportive services, personalized assistance and healthcare designed to respond to the individual needs of those who need help with activities of daily living.
Contact: 501-682-2441
Service: Money Follows the Person Program | More Information
About: Program to transition individuals who have resided in institutions 90 days or longer into qualified home and community-based programs.
Contact: 866-801-3435
Service: Office of the State Long Term Care Ombudsman
About: A statewide program, that advocates for the rights of long-term care residents. It is a statewide program of community advocates that addresses the complaints of nursing home and residential care facility residents. Its representatives provide information on facilities, work for systematic change, and monitor the activities of the regulatory system.
Contact: 501-682-8952
Website: Arkansas Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
Service: Substance Abuse Prevention, Education and Early Intervention
About: Alcohol, tobacco, Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant (SPF SIG), SYNAR and other drug abuse prevention programming and coalition development for community-based environmental change efforts.
Service: Weatherizaton Assistance Program (WAP) | More Information
About: The Weatherization Assistance Program has transferred to the Energy Office
Contact: 1- 800-558-2633 | Email
Website: Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
Service: PASSE (Provider-led Arkansas Shared Savings Entity

The Provider-led Arkansas Shared Savings Entity (PASSE) is a new model of organized care that will address the needs of certain Medicaid beneficiaries who have complex behavioral health and intellectual and developmental disabilities service needs. The PASSE model is a Medicaid-funded program. It does not change a person’s eligibility for Medicaid, but it changes the way services are paid for by Medicaid for certain eligible individuals.

PASSE (Provider-led Arkansas Shared Savings Entity): Website

Arkansas Total Care Arkansas Total Care’s Network List
Phone: 1-866-282-6280
Empower Healthcare Solutions Empower’s Network List
Summit Community Care Summit’s Network List

Sign up to receive important updates from DHS: Email Sign Up

DHS PASSE Provider Line:1-888-889-6451

Website: PASSE (Provider-led Arkansas Shared Savings Entity
Service: Healthy Smiles Dental Managed Care

*AFMC (For members who need to change their plan assignment)
Phone: 866-864-2499
*Special restrictions apply.

Dental Plans:

Traditional Fee-for-Service Dental Program: 

Arkansas Medicaid Dental Unit, Phone: 501-320-6230

Service: Vision Program
Contact: 501-320-6213
Service: Community Mental Health Centers
About: The Department of Human Services contracts with 12 Community Mental Health Centers (CMHC) across the state to ensure state-funded mental health services are available to those without insurance coverage for needed services. CMHCs are required to provide a broad range of services including crisis screenings, medication management, rehabilitative day services, and services for persons experiencing their first significant episode of a serious mental illness.
Website: Community Mental Health Centers Directory & Map
Service: Therapeutic Counseling Services
About: The Department of Human Services contracts with 27 providers of mental health services across the state to ensure state-funded mental health services are available to those without insurance coverage. Therapeutic Counseling Service contractors are required to provide Counseling Level Services, such as individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, psychoeducation, and multi-family groups. These contractors are mandated to assist persons who have no insurance to secure health insurance coverage if they are eligible.
Website: Therapeutic Counseling Providers by County
Service: Greater Assistance to those in Need (GAIN)
About: Greater Assistance to those in Need (GAIN) is an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program that provides comprehensive community support and psychiatric rehabilitation program for mentally ill adults or adults with mental illness and a co-occurring substance use disorder. More information can be found by calling 501-379-4246 or visit the GAIN website.
Website: https://gaininc.org/
Service: Crisis Stabilization Units (CSU)
About: CSU were developed for the purpose of jail diversion and to provide another alternative for rapid access, short-term behavioral health stabilization and connection with needed local resources for mental health and/or co-occurring treatment services in the community after discharge. CSUs are funded through State General Revenue, as well as Medicaid and Private Health Insurance reimbursements. Referrals to CSU come through law enforcement or a Community Mental Health Center.

• Pulaski County Crisis Stabilization Unit covers central Arkansas – 501-340-6646
• Five West Crisis Stabilization Unit covers central western Arkansas – 479-785-9480
• Northwest Arkansas Crisis Stabilization Unit covers northwest Arkansas - 479-316-7100
• Craighead County Crisis Stabilization Unit covers northeast and east central Arkansas – 870-393-5335
Service: SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR)
About: SOAR is funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and is a national program designed to increase access to the disability income benefit programs administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA) for eligible adults and children who are experiencing homelessness, or at risk of homelessness, and have a serious mental illness, medical impairment, and/or a co-occurring substance use disorder. SOAR seeks to end homelessness through increased access to SSI/SSDI income supports as we believe that finding a safe and stable place to live is the first step to recovery.
Contact: Contact | Email


Service: Adult Protective Services
About: Adult Protective Services investigates maltreatment, abuse, neglect and exploitation of individuals age 18 and older.
Contact: 800-482-8049
Website: Adult Protective Services
Service: Drug Addiction/Abuse Services
About: Outpatient care, residential care, Specialized Women's Services (SWS) and early intervention.
Service: Access to Recovery Program | More Information
About: Arkansas ATR is a grant-funded initiative which provides vouchers to clients for purchase of substance use disorder clinical treatment and recovery support services. The goals of the program are to expand capacity, support client choice, and increase the array of faith-based and community based providers for clinical treatment and recovery support services
Service: PASSE Office of the Ombudsman
About: It is the responsibility of the PASSE Ombudsman Office to ensure that compassion, respect, trust, and integrity- all core values of the Arkansas Department of Human Services(DHS)-are demonstrated in resolving issues or complaints from beneficiaries who are PASSE members.
Contact: PASSE Ombudsman Office: 1-844-843-7351 | Email
Website: PASSE Office of the Ombudsman
Service: Beneficiary Support
About: The Aging, Adult, and Behavioral Health Services Beneficiary Support unit serves as a guide to Medicaid beneficiaries and applicants as they navigate the DHS system. Additionally, this unit researches and responds to a wide variety of inquiries about general Medicaid, waiver, and behavioral health services.
Arkansas Department of Human Services
Arkansas Department of Human Services

Arkansas Department
of Human Services
(501) 682-1001

TTY: 1-800-285-1131 or dial 711 for Arkansas Relay Service

Google Map | Contact Us