Contact Us

Apply for Services

Health Care, SNAP, and TEA

For most DHS public assistance programs, you can apply online at Access Arkansas. On this site you can apply for Health Care programs such as ARKids First and most categories of Medicaid. For other services, such as assistance paying for child care or accessing services through the Division of Developmental Disabilities Services waiver, the process is a bit different. 

To apply for food assistance through Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), cash and other supports through the Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA) program Medicaid, ARKids, TEFRA, and health care under other categories of Medicaid, go to www.Access.Arkansas.gov

Help Paying for Child Care

DHS’s Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education also helps low-income, eligible families cover the cost of high-quality child care. To be eligible, families must not exceed eligible income and must:

(Or any combination) 
Based on your income, you may get assistance to pay for all or some of your child care. To learn more and find out how to apply, visit our child care assistance page

Help Accessing Services for Someone with Developmental Disabilities or Delays

DHS provides lots of different services and supports for clients with developmental disabilities or delays and their families and it may be a bit overwhelming for families who have never had to access these services. We have an Intake and referral unit within our Division of Developmental Disabilities that can help you walk through the process for applying for services. The best way to start is to call our DDS Intake and referral unit at 501-683-5687. Staff there can help you navigate the different programs, eligibility requirements, and application process for:

Arkansas Department of Human Services
Arkansas Department of Human Services

Arkansas Department
of Human Services
(501) 682-1001

TTY: 1-800-285-1131 or dial 711 for Arkansas Relay Service

Google Map | Contact Us