PASSE - Information for Providers
Why should a provider join a PASSE?
Providers should join the PASSEs to be in-network providers for their current clients whose care will be managed by the PASSEs. A provider could potentially lose clients if that provider does not join all networks. PASSEs will be required to reimburse providers out of network, but joining all networks helps to ensure that the provider will get to continue to serve all of their clients managed by the PASSEs.
What are the goals of the PASSE model?
- To improve the health of Arkansans who need specialized care for behavioral health issues or developmental/intellectual disabilities
- To link providers of physical health care with specialty providers of behavioral health and developmental/intellectual disabilities services
- To coordinate care for all community-based services for these individuals
- To allow flexibility in the types of services offered
- To increase the number of service providers available in the community to serve these members
- To reduce cost of care by coordinating and providing appropriate and preventative care