Contact Us

Services for Adults with DD/ID Needs

If you apply and are approved for Medicaid, you can get these services as an adult with an intellectual or developmental disability (IDD):

  • Primary Care Physician (PCP)
  • Physician Specialists
  • Personal Care
  • Durable Medical Equipment
  • Occupational, Physical, & Speech Therapy
  • Hospital Services
  • Medicines
  • Outpatient Behavioral Health Counseling
  • Adult Developmental Day Treatment – assessments, supervised living services, and educational services provided by a licensed adult day treatment clinic

* Some specialized services require a PCP referral and evaluation.

Specialized Waiver Services

Medicaid-eligible Arkansans of all ages with IDD may apply to get home- and community-based services that are not included in traditional Medicaid through the Community Employment Support (CES) Waiver. This waiver helps clients with IDD to live in the community rather than in an institutional setting such as a nursing home or Intermediate Care Facility. CES Waiver services include:

The PASSE is a program that serves Medicaid clients with complex behavioral health, developmental, or intellectual disabilities, including clients on the CES Waiver.

Getting Services

Contact the DDS Intake and Referral helpline at 501-683-5687 if you have more questions about getting services as an adult with IDD.

Arkansas Department of Human Services
Arkansas Department of Human Services

Arkansas Department
of Human Services
(501) 682-1001

TTY: 1-800-285-1131 or dial 711 for Arkansas Relay Service

Google Map | Contact Us