Contact Us

Services for Children with DD/ID Needs

Families who have children who have intellectual or developmental disabilities or delays have several options, regardless of income, to help their children learn. All children develop differently, and each child should have a treatment plan tailored to his or her needs.

Help for Families that are Eligible for Medicaid

If you apply and are approved for Medicaid, your child may be eligible to get services to help with a developmental delay or disability.

For special services such as therapies, a physician’s prescription and therapist’s evaluation will be required to decide which services are appropriate.

Help for Families that are not Eligible for Medicaid

Two grant programs also help Arkansas residents who may not be eligible for Medicaid to get services that help with developmental disabilities at no cost to the families.

Home- and Community-based Waiver Services

Medicaid-eligible Arkansans of all ages with IDD may apply to get home- and community-based services that are not included in traditional Medicaid through the Community Employment Support (CES) Waiver. This waiver helps clients with IDD to live in the community rather than in an institutional setting such as a nursing home or Intermediate Care Facility. CES Waiver services include:

The PASSE is a program that serves Medicaid clients with complex behavioral health, developmental, or intellectual disabilities, including clients on the CES Waiver.

Getting Services

Contact the DDS Intake and Referral helpline at 501-683-5687 if you have more questions about how your child can get services.

Arkansas Department of Human Services
Arkansas Department of Human Services

Arkansas Department
of Human Services
(501) 682-1001

TTY: 1-800-285-1131 or dial 711 for Arkansas Relay Service

Google Map | Contact Us