Contact Us

Report a Concern or Resolve a Problem

Report Adult Maltreatment

Report Child Abuse or Neglect

Report Integrity or Ethical Issue

Report Medicaid, SNAP, or TEA fraud

DHS is committed to operating programs that follow state and federal rules, regulations, and policies. Fraud can lead to several problems, including draining programs of funding or resources that would be available to Arkansans in need. Fraud might include things like selling EBT benefits, lying or leaving out important information on an application to become a provider or client, or not reporting changes to DHS that could lead to a provider or client no longer being eligible to participate or be enrolled.

If you suspect client or provider fraud in Medicaid, SNAP, TEA please call 1-(800)-422-6641 or email ContactDHSFraud@arkansas.gov.

Report a Concern with a Child Care Facility or Provider

The Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education (DCCECE) Licensing Unit works to make sure that child care centers, licensed family homes and out of school time facilities follow the rules and safety regulations required for child care licensing.

If a situation at a child care facility arises that causes you concern or makes you unhappy, DCCECE encourages parents, caregivers or staff to first try to address the situation directly with the program or person causing the stress. The goal is to work things out. If that is not possible or your concern involves a serious issue that you believe needs to be addressed by DCCECE staff, you may send a contact form to the DCCECE Licensing Unit here or you may call 501-682-8590.

Child Care Center Complaints

If a situation arises that you are unhappy with, it is important to calmly share those concerns with the person(s) who is causing you stress. Working things out, if possible, should be the first step. Keep in mind that changing child care facilities can be stressful on your child.  However, if a resolution cannot be reached or a serious issue has occurred, you may contact DCCECE using the following link: Department of Human Services

Contact the Long-Term Care Ombudsman

Contact the PASSE Ombudsman

Contact the Juvenile Justice Ombudsman

The Juvenile Ombudsman Division is part of the Arkansas Public Defender Commission. Arkansas lawmakers established the Juvenile Ombudsman Division to make sure that youth who had been court-ordered into the care of the Division of Youth Services (DYS) get appropriate services and are safe while in custody. The Juvenile Ombudsman serves as an independent advocate for youth in DYS custody and often reviews the status of facilities, programs, and treatment provided by DYS. The Ombudsman works closely with DYS leadership to report and address concerns, identify areas for improvement, and acknowledge strengths in the youth programs provided by DYS.

You may contact the Juvenile Ombudsman Division by calling 501-683-1766.

File a Complaint About a Nursing Home or Nursing Facility

Find Other Hotlines

Arkansas Department of Human Services
Arkansas Department of Human Services

Arkansas Department
of Human Services
(501) 682-1001

TTY: 1-800-285-1131 or dial 711 for Arkansas Relay Service

Google Map | Contact Us